To accomplish its missions, CAP requires an informed senior membership trained in leadership, management, and functional tasks. The CAP Senior Member Professional Development Program trains members in these skills and prepares them to serve their units, their communities, and their nation.
Functional Address: CAP SER/PD
Organization Of The Senior Member Professional Development Program
Five levels comprise the Senior Member Professional Development Program, they are as follows:
- Level I, Orientation. Level I training provides the new senior member with information required for active membership in CAP.
- Level II, Technical Training. In this level, the member acquires a technical skill and begins receiving basic training in leadership and management topics.
- Level III, Management. Senior members desiring to serve in CAP management positions train at this level.
- Level IV, Command and Staff. This level concentrates on members desiring to become leaders in CAP.
- Level V, Executive. Those performing duty as commanders or staff officers train at this level.
CAPR 50-17 CAP SENIOR MEMBER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
For more information, please go to: CAPR 50-17 dated 04 June 2015
Upcoming Staff Colleges
The 2019 National Staff College will be held 25 Apr - 2 May 2019 at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL. For information on the course, visit https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/cap-university/course-schedules/national-staff-college-nsc. NOTE: THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS 1 MAR 19.
The 2019 Southeast Region Staff College will be held 9-15 Jun 2019 at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base near Knoxville, TN. For more information, see https://sercap.us/information/events/region-staff-college.aspx
Level V Awardees
Congratulations to the following members of the Southeast Region who completed Level V in the Professional Development program in the last year. This level of CAP career development is for those officers performing duty as commanders or staff officers. As such only the most dedicated senior members achieve this level. Successful completion of Level V qualifies the CAP officer for the Wilson Award. This is the highest professional development award given to a senior member. It honors Gill Robb Wilson, an airman, poet, writer, and founder of CAP.
|FL-001||SMSgt Scott L Jung||22 Jan 18|
|GA-116||Lt Col Thomas W McBroom Sr||13 Feb 18|
|TN-185||Capt Michael C May||13 Mar 18|
|GA-001||Lt Col Jonathan W Lartigue||3 Apr 18|
|MS-072||Lt Col Felix D Diax||30 Apr 18|
|GA-112||Lt Col Michael L Willis||10 May 18|
|GA-815||Lt Col David M Hamby||10 May 18|
|SER-001||Ch (Lt Col) Marcus L Taylor||16 May 18|
|AL-005||Maj Gilbert F Wright||21 May 18|
|GA-065||Lt Col Richard B Choate Jr||23 May 18|
|FL-259||Lt Col James W Martinez-Ruiz||22 Aug 18|